The following are a few important reminders and updates regarding BMRC:
- Registration is open – please register soon to avoid late fees and help us to plan for the season, https://bristolraceteam.org/registration/
- The BMRC Website has been updated with the newer programs
- BMRC coaches will be onsite at the Ski Company this coming Monday (pizza party night), and Wednesday evening from 5:00 – 9:00pm. Not only will there be great deals for BMRC racers, our coaches will offer invaluable personalized assistance to make sure you get the correct sizing / gear for the upcoming race season. Please stop by and get some help or just say hello!
- Our “swap page” is back up and running on our website but in a new, super easy to use format, and also includes a new “WANTED” section.
- BMRC Picnic is October 7th at Dryer Road Park in Victor at 12:00pm – – bring used ski gear for our swap sale. Please RSVP at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0A49A8AD23A1FC1-2018
- The first day of Dryland training will be on the same morning as the picnic – at Dryer, starts at 11:00am
- Please tell your ski friends about our new U9 program as well as our High School Plus program – these programs are a HUGE value and designed for simplicity and flexibility.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Bristol Mountain is hosting the High School Sectionals and States, 2/14-2/15 and 2/27-2/28. Section V has invited BMRC to staff all four days with timers and gatekeepers as a fundraiser. We have an opportunity to highlight our club, recruit future members and raise up to $2,000. This is a great way to support these outstanding athletes – many who also compete in Easterns. If you can volunteer, please email Sharon Lonthair, email@example.com (the sooner the better!) with your available days and times. Will you be there for your own athlete? Then volunteer for the morning or afternoon. If we get enough volunteers we will split the shifts. On behalf of all of the club leadership and these athletes – thank you!
We are looking forward to a modified U16/U19 SG Race this weekend. In order for the race to run smoothly, we are still in need of gatekeepers, timers and course crew for Saturday and Sunday. Currently, we have no gatekeepers for Saturday (PM race only) or Sunday (AM and PM races). Trying to fill these slots on race day can delay start times. Please take time today to signup for Saturday or Sunday or for one of the future races with openings still. There are still many parent volunteers with less than 3 activities toward the parent volunteer commitment. Thank you. If you have questions email/call Sharon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-703-5834.
Bristol SG races are on! Please see the updated format below and register your athlete. If you signed up to volunteer Friday, Saturday or Sunday, we will still need volunteers for all three days to prepare the hill. Watch for more email announcements.
Empire Cup SG races confirmed for this weekend (U16, U19, U21)
Obviously the weather has not been cooperating once again. After discussions with both Gore and Bristol we have confirmed that the SG races at BOTH locations are confirmed for this weekend with a slight modification at Bristol.
Gore will hold the planned SG free skiing day on Friday, followed by SG races on Saturday and Sunday. They plan to hold 2 SG races each day, ONLY the first SG each day will be used for Empire State Winter Games qualifying.
Bristol will not be able to hold the SG free skiing day on Friday. Instead they will have SG free skiing on Saturday morning with a race on Saturday afternoon. Then, they will plan to hold 2 SG races on Sunday. The SG race on Saturday and the first SG race on Sunday will be used for Empire State Winter Games qualifying.
A modified Bristol program will be available on the NYSSRA web site under schedules later this afternoon. Registration for both locations is via AdminSkiRacing.com.
Our first council race as BMRC hosts is just 4 days away, Sun. Jan. 15. We are still in need of hand timers, course crew and gatekeepers. Please log in to the volunteer spreadsheet to see where you can help and fulfill your club volunteer commitment. If you have already signed up, check the volunteer details web page. The volunteer arrival times, descriptions and gate keeper training videos are listed. If you have questions, email Sharon Lonthair at email@example.com. If you’re interested in timing, please contact Jim Wolford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your support of the club and our children and young adult racers!
BMRC is hosting its first race of the season, U10/12 GVSC Council GS, this Sunday, Jan. 15. There are several volunteer opportunities still open. Please visit the volunteer spreadsheet to see where you can help out and fulfill your volunteer commitment. Learn more about the volunteer positions and parent volunteer requirements. Training is provided for all volunteer positions if it is your first time. If you have any questions, text/call Sharon Lonthair, 585-703-5834.
Karbon notified us that they have some team jackets available for $172 each.
Availability is very limited:
- Junior Size 10 — 2 available
- Junior Size 12 — 1 available
- Junior Size 14 — 1 available
- Junior Size 16 — 1 available
Please email Jennifer at Jfwerges@aol.com if you are interested. This order must be placed ASAP, so we will not be able to take any late orders. Deadline is Sunday, January 8.
Hello parents and racers, and welcome to the 2016-17 Season!
With the weather finally changing and things starting to look a bit more like winter it won’t be long so we wanted to touch base with a few quick updates:
- BMRC will officially start training on the weekend of Dec 10-11 assuming that Bristol is open. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to get out and play up in VT, the Adirondacks, or out west if you can and keep praying for snow!
- We’ve been scrubbing our new email/notification system and notice that there are still a number of people/families missing from the lists or on the wrong lists. If everyone could please take a moment or two to verify that you have signed up for notifications it will save us all a lot of time and confusion once things get rolling.
- In the next few days there will be a couple of email notifications going out to specific groups that need your attention – please review and respond as necessary so we can get things tidied up prior to going on snow.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Jeff Jenkins and the entire BMRC coaching staff
You’re cordially invited to join us for a FREE Alpine ski tuning & wax clinic from Swix Mid Atlantic’s Race Service Manager, Mike Grisdale.
Please come brush up on the basics or pick up some more advanced alpine ski tuning techniques. Mike is ready to give up top secret, new advanced overlay waxing methods used at GVSC Races, NY State Champs, Eastern Champs, World Cup and Olympic level. Plenty of time for questions and answers following this clinic.
Once again it’s a comprehensive alpine ski preparation clinic from basic to complex.
Wednesday, November 16th from 6pm – 8pm
The Ski Company
1225 Jefferson Rd
Rochester NY, 14623
Bonus For Attendees: Once a year special Swix USSA team pricing on Swix wax and tuning products! This is the night to save big on all your tuning supplies for the season.
If you would like to attend Please RSVP for head count for seating to email@example.com
*Some restrictions apply. See store for details.
The Ski Company
1225 Jefferson Rd, Rochester, NY 14623
Dryland session #6 will take place back at Powder Mills Park from 9-11. We will meet in the parking lot across from the Powder Horn Lodge @ 9AM on Sunday, Nov. 13. Looks like pleasant weather so let’s get out there and get psyched for the coming season!!